Tuesday 25 September 2012

Dragon design update


I did want to work on some ideas for the human body of this guy before I uploaded my sketches, but I now have uni work to do so I'll put up what I've done and come back to this later. I normally work in biro, as it allows me to get ideas down faster because I don't get hung up trying to get details exactly right as I do with pencil. I like the intensity you get from ink as well. I was having problems with ink here though because I need it to look like a dragon, and not a wolf, and the biro gives it a furrier texture. I did want to try out oil pastels, but I realised that it wouldn't work in the long run, as you can't work very small with oil pastels and I will be sending the final design to my sister on a postcard. Instead I've used water colour pencils, and I think it's turned out quite well, though I need to find a way to integrate the facial hair better, and it would be nice if I could make the surface look smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment